Empower your strength, movement, function and overall well-being.
It’s well known that optimal personal fitness improves general health and wellness and helps optimise injury recovery. Our Physiotherapists incorporate exercise into every treatment plan, and we are able to work with you to help improve, manage and increase your overall fitness and physical performance in a gym setting.
At Scotia we work as a team to create comprehensive treatment plans so that you can feel safe and supported every step of the way.
Sessions with Emily Coolen, PT, BScKin are billed as physiotherapy. Sessions with Craig MacDonald, DOMP, MScEd, BKin, CSCS are billed as osteopathy.
We can help with:
- Sport specific training
- Getting stronger, improving your mobility and increasing your aerobic capacity
- Injury prevention and recovery
- Pre and post operative musculoskeletal care
- Recovering from MVA’s
- Fitness and balance for older adults
- Strengthening and connecting to your core
- Pre and post partum movement
- Post concussion testing & rehabilitation
- Creating comprehensive programming that you can follow at home in between sessions
- Educating you so you can be an active participant in your healing and strengthening journey
Occasionally patients have chosen to be paired with another patient with a similar injury for a one hour, 2-person exercise session.
There are many conditions that can be addressed with these sessions and if you are interested, you can ask your individual therapist if this might be helpful for you.